Theosophy in Wales

Ancient & Modern

History of the Theosophical Society in Wales

 

T.S. in Wales Moves to

Current Headquarters 1973

 

Return to History Index

 

 

In 1973 it was decided to sell the old headquarters at 10 Park Place, Cardiff, and move to our current premises at 206 Newport Road, Cardiff. The main drive behind the move came from General Secretary, Harry Edgar and Charles James who with others worked tirelessly to effect the transfer. There was almost no break in either Lodge or national activities and by November of 1973 Charles James was able to report to everyone that the new premises were fully operational.

 

The old premises at 10 Park Place were purchased for the use of the Theosophical Society by Peter Freeman in 1917 and facilities were rented by Cardiff Lodge, Dewi Saint Lodge and the TS in Wales itself. In 1926 the TS in Wales purchased the building from Peter Freeman and it remained TS in Wales headquarters and Cardiff Lodge meeting place until 1973.

 

 

 

Return to History Index

 

Theosophical Society, Cardiff Lodge,

206 Newport Road, Cardiff, CF24 1DL.